Transport to and from Registration point in Cooroy
People are welcome to drive their cars to Cooroy and park at the unsecured public car park at the end of Emerald Street Cooroy. Directions can be provided at registration.
Public transport connections are also available to and from Noosa Heads, departing Noosa Junction Bus station at 7.29am and arriving at Cooroy at 7.55am. A return service is available, departing Cooroy at 4:45pm.
Public transport connections are available on the Saturday from Brisbane City via a connecting train and bus service through Nambour departing Brisbane Central at 6.34 am and arriving at Cooroy at 9:20am. A return service to Brisbane City is available on Monday afternoon leaving Cooroy at 4.29pm (via train) and 4.50pm (via bus and train through Nambour).
Accommodation – Camping
Included in the registration fees is camping accommodation at the Kin Kin Recreation Grounds on night one and the Cooran Recreation Grounds on night two. Facilities are comfortable but basic. Queues can be expected for the showers at peak time, though they do have hot water. In the event of rain, each site has undercover shelters and buildings to make socialising more comfortable.
Campers need to be self-reliant including tent, bedding, sleeping bags and toiletries and any self catering. Camping gear will be transferred by the shuttle bus to the camping grounds each night for collection. Camping gear needs to be well packaged and labelled to assist its transfer and collection.
Accommodation – Other
Walkers are free to also arrange accommodation at the guest houses available close by to the walk in the Noosa hinterland. These include:
- Avalon Farm Cottages, 292 Pomona, Kin Kin Rd, Pomona Ph: (07) 5485 1959
- Churingas Bed and Breakfast, 183 Traveston Road, Traveston Mobile: 0407 648 136
- Cooroy Country Cottages, 532 Black Mountain Road, Black Mountain, Cooroy Ph: (07) 5442-6819
- Cudgerie Homestead, 42 Cudgerie Drive, Cooroy Ph: (07) 5442 6681
- Inn in the Foothills, 139 Pomona Connections Road, Pomona Ph: (07) 54851028
- Kin Kin Country Life Hotel (Backpackers Noosa Pub) Main Street, Kin Kin Ph: 1800 003972 http://backpackersnoosa.com.au
- Kin Kin Haven, 914 Pomona Road, Kin Kin Ph: (07) 5485 4248
- Kin Kin Manor, Main Street, Kin Kin, Ph: (07) 5485 4411
- Pomona Country Cottage, Pomona, Mobile: 0408 700 664
- Pomona Hotel (pub style accommodation) Station Street, Pomona Ph: (07) 5485 1187
- Rainforest Massage Retreat, Forest Acres Drive, Lake MacDonald. Hosts Lesley & Kevin. Phone 0488232326/54720801, Email: email@example.com
- Rosecliffe Cottages, Ewarts Road, Pinbarren. Ph: 0419 855 283
- The BIG House, 40 Bazzo Road, PO Box 70, Pinbarren. Georgia Mobile: 0447 290 900; Katrina Mobile: 0423 840 448; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘The Dales’ Boutique B&B, 3 Martin St COORAN, 4569 Ph: (07) 3459 4143
- Waterford Retreat, Kin Kin Ph: 07 5485 4373 email@example.com
Other accommodation, though slightly further away is available in the Noosa Valley, Boreen Point and also Noosa Heads itself. Visit Tourism Noosa’s website for more accommodation options.
Walkers are to undertake bookings directly with the accommodation house; it is not offered as a package by the Great Noosa Trail Walk. Transfers to and from private and guest houses need to be arranged with the guest house – we are unable to offer this service.
Booking alternative accommodation does not discount the walker’s registration fee, as this is a small component of the overall cost.